Sleep: A Necessity, Not a Luxury
Too little sleep also interferes with the body's ability to regulate glucose and can cause inflammation leading to heart problems and a rise in blood pressure. "There's a stress response to being in a sleep loss."
On the other hand, there are people who are suffering from sleep disorders. These disorders include:
- Insomnia, an inability to go to sleep or stay asleep.
- Sleep apnea, or breathing interruptions during sleep that cause people to wake up repeatedly.
- Restless legs syndrome, a tingling or prickly sensation in the legs that causes a person to need to move them, interrupting sleep.
Getting a good night's sleep:
- Stick to a regular sleep schedule.
- Avoid exercising closer than five or six hours before bedtime.
- Avoid caffeine, nicotine and alcohol before bed.
- Avoid large meals and beverages late at night.
- Don't take naps after 3 p.m.
- Relax before bed, taking time to unwind with a hot bath, a good book or soothing music.
- If you're still awake after more than 20 minutes in bed, get up and do something relaxing until you feel sleepy. Anxiety over not being able to sleep can make it harder to fall asleep.
I have highlightend the more impts one .
I think i got sleeping disorder =(((
Click here to read more.
Some friens of mine think sleeping is juz a waste of time.. They rather wake up early to read books, go jogging in the park, etc. Which I really don't understand ..
I'm totally in for sleep!
Just yerterday.. I went to bed at 2AM and woke up 5.30PM today .. (which inculde waking Dear up for work at 6.30AM, I always wake up between 11PM ~ 2PM once for I-dont-know-what-reason, Random calls from random pple at 3.30PM [hates it when pple distrub my sleep!!])
Sleep is good okay .. Make excuses to sleep right now!
Labels: health, life, random